STAFF REQUIRED :
1 Person on opening crates & removing empty boxes
1 Person Dropping crates and condensing completed
1 Person Carding, Wrapping and Weighing Packed Product
2 People packing
1. SET UP ROOM FOR PACKING
a) Bring in F Crates
b) Bring in Stock
c) Supervisor to Complete paperwork with stock been used
d) Set up Table, lock into position.
e) Empty Pallet in place to receive finished product.
– Drop stock at end and middle of table
– Crates opened and stacked on ground behind packers
– Put new liner in crate.
– Packers to check quality of cucumbers during packing process. Any cucumbers removed due to non-conforming issues must be replaced otherwise crates might be underweight.
– Cucumbers to be packed in two layers with stems facing inwards.
– Tipping is possible if it can look good. (Tipping directly from bulk carton into crate)
– Stack completed crates at scales – weights to be checked. Follow scales procedure and tare out before weighing.
– Always Ensure the weight is above the minimum 10kg requirement.
– Fold and tuck in liner.
f) Grower Cards – Check information is correct and ensure all crates have a card placed on the outside end of crate.
g) Packed on Cards – Check information is correct and ensure all crates have a card placed on the outside end of crate.
h) Once pallet is completed attach the two yellow tags – 1) Day it was packed 2) Product Code
2. WRAP CARDED COMPLETED PALLETS
a) Bottom and Top layer to be placed in opposite pattern to help with stability.
b) Place pallet label under wrap
c) Send pallet to storage
3. COMPLETE PACK-OUT SHEET
a) hand in completed paperwork to admin
Step 1: Ensure you have all the necessary paperwork.
Fill in Quantities :- Cartons or Crates per Product Line
– Make any applicable comments
– Complete Date, Time & Sign
c) Complete Individual Pallet Assessment for every pallet of product in Order